Why our polypropylene packaging out-performs polystyrene
100% Dirt & Dust Free
Our patented sealed edge system can be applied to the packaging by sealing all the open flutes, which makes it imperishable to dirt and dust, easier to clean and reuse.
Resistant to Breakage
Polypropylene is known for its strength and durability. It is suitable for containing heavy loads while also holding its shape and structure.
Reduced Storage Costs
Tri-Pack packaging can reduce your storage costs and space by as much as 85% due to our unique flat-packed design. Our easy-erect design will complete the box in seconds.
Polypropylene can be incinerated without any harm to the environment, it gives off only water-vapour and carbon dioxide, which is then converted by photosynthesis.
Polypropylene is 100% recyclable and not a single use material
Faster Cool Down
Tri-Pack and CoolSeal boxes are tested and proven to cool down products 12 hours faster than traditional polystyrene boxes.
Using our own unique tooling we seal the fluted edges of our packaging, this creates a strong barrier which becomes imperishable to dirt, dust, water and oils.
Every component of our packaging; the plastic, glues and inks are 100% recyclable.
- Polypropylene packaging, also known as PP5, is a type of plastic packaging, made up of pure carbon and hydrogen. It is produced within a catalyst during the process of polymerization, the process produces zero harmful emissions.
- Polypropylene is lightweight and versatile, once produced, it can be bent to form a flat-pack version of itself for cheaper transportation and storage costs.
- Polypropylene has superior strength and insulation properties, making it ideal for the varying weights of different food products including fresh produce and seafood.
Vs. Polystyrene Packaging
- Polystyrene packaging, also known as EPS, is made from the extraction of crude oil. Adding in fuels, chemicals and NAPHTHA, polystyrene is then created in granular form.
- Polystyrene is lightweight, made up of small hollow spherical balls, once erected to form its shape, this cannot be undone.
- Polystyrene has traditionally been the go-to product for the seafood sector due to its strength and stability but is out-performed in a complete cold-chain by the polypropylene alternative.
Polypropylene should be your only choice for sustainable packaging
Tri-pack only manufactures with polypropylene, it is the material of choice for a number of reasons. But most importantly, for its sustainable and environmentally friendly properties. Polypropylene is becoming the popular choice, out-performing EPS in many third-party tests, making it the ultimate polystyrene packaging alternative.Learn more about eco-friendly packaging
Green and clean packaging
All of Tri-pack’s polypropylene packaging is 100% recyclable, it also completes the perfect circular-economy, meaning the manufactured product can be taken back to its original raw material and manufactured time and time again. In the rare instance of any waste material which does find its way into hedgerows will eventually bio-degrade. Meaning it will naturally decompose into the environment without causing any damage.
Read more about bio-degradable packaging here.Learn more about recyclable packaging...
The war on polystyrene waste
Due to its very nature, polystyrene packaging is difficult to recycle, it is easily breakable yet also bulky, meaning it takes up too much space in conventional bins and is often littered around business parks and industrial estates. Polystyrene is not bio-degradable, therefore when taken by the wind and tangled in bushes and hedgerows, it will not naturally decompose.Tri-pack in the news...
A versatile product
Polypropylene is versatile in its use. Tri-pack's manufacturing process creates products which are 100% food-safe certified and dust and dirt imperishable. Making polypropylene the perfect solution for a broad spectrum of industries, from pharmaceuticals, to produce and seafood to automotive parts.View all industries
We feel better knowing all our packaging is not only strong and robust but 100% recyclable by any waste company.